Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Female Columbus

I read several pages of my new book yesterday and I really enjoyed it. The author compared his own experience to Columbus', which made me laugh but also provoked my thoughts. I did not want to talk about the context of the book; instead, I am more interested in the writer’s approach. Although there’s no new continent in this planet for us to detect, we are still in need of the spirit of him and having an open mind.
When I was little,I could hardly imagine that I could be at another end of the ocean and maybe go even further. While now, the world is just in my hand and I got more opportunities to go to different parts in the world and experience various cultures. In the near future, I can do more fancy things and live an exciting life. My children then can have even more opportunities to realize all that their crazy ideas and dreams.
As the writer of The World Is Flat states that the world is flat, we can live more free lives now. I wish I could be one the Columbus in the modern society and inherit the adventure genes from my processors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home